I am always telling my clients how important it is to have a blog. Businesses that have blog pages on their websites and post regularly get 3.5x more traffic and 4.5x more leads than businesses that don't!
But, as well as being super great for traffic, SEO, creating a community, and improving your brand story, a blog is also a really great creative outlet. It's the perfect place to share the inside scoop on your biz, or share your thought process behind a recent creative process.
It can be hard to come up with what to write sometimes. So, here are ten super easy and creative blog post ideas, for all small biz owners and creative entrepreneurs!
1. Tutorial or 'How To' Posts
Tutorials and 'How-To's' are always popular, and provide valuable, educational content to your consumer. Create a step-by-step guide of something that you do regularly in your biz, that you know your target audience would be super interested in learning about.
2. Sneak Peek/Behind the Scenes Why not share a little BTS at your working day, or something new that you're working on. This is a fun way to share another side of your business, and also increase engagement.
3. Industry Trends
What is the latest in your Industry? Maybe a new technology has been created that is changing the way you do things, or maybe there is a story about other industry professionals that is relevant and worth sharing. Write an article on the latest industry news and trends, and share your personal thoughts on it.
Compile a list of your most asked FAQs from emails, social media and customer enquiries, and create a blog post including them all with your answers for your customers to easily refer to in the future. This is a very effective way to answer customer questions while also creating evergreen content that is genuinely helpful.
5. Product Launch Have you just added a new collection to your line? Or maybe you've recently launched a new product to an existing collection? Write a blog about it! What inspired you to launch this product, how will it be used, where you found it. Give the whole back story and share with your audience how and when they can enjoy it!
6. Collaboration If you've not collaborated at some point with another biz or solopreneur, then now is the time! Collaboration stories make great blog posts, as you can share an insight into how the collaboration came about and the journey of the working process together. Ask the collaborator for their insight into your time together, sharing a testimonial or an interview.
7. Share your Secret Hacks
Is there something you figured out how to do that is unbelievably beneficial to your business, and you wish someone had told you a long time ago? Share it with your audience! Maybe you have a secret way of doing something, or a random hack that no one would be able to guess.
8. A Day in the Life... Your working day might seem very ordinary to you, but it is most likely that your audience will find it super interesting! Share a blog post of your general day-to-day routine running your small biz - you can include photos or videos along the way.
9. Mistakes/Failures No one is perfect and absolutely no one has the perfect business story either - we've all made mistakes. So, be honest and a share a complete failure that you've made since setting up your biz and how you would do it differently!
10. Company News and Events
What's the latest happenings with your biz? Are you going to any events worth sharing? Or have you been to some cool events recently? Share what your company is up to and what changes are happening behind the scenes.
I hope you find these helpful! Let me know how you get on writing your blog posts, I can't wait to read them all :)
Creative Virtual Assistant at Kelp Collective